Here is my typical weekly grocery list:
|click above to download a printable version the list|
- Jalapeño peppers
- Mixed greens (a mix of spinach, lettuce, etc.)
- Peppers - red, green, yellow and orange
- Swiss chard
- Sometimes: zucchini, sweet potatoes, cucumbers, asparagus, celery, cauliflower, artichokes, mushrooms, carrots, etc.
- Blueberries (frozen for shakes, fresh for snacking)
- Strawberries (frozen for shakes, fresh for snacking)
- Sometimes: grapefruit, apples, mangoes, kiwi, peaches, pineapple, cherries, raspberries, etc.
- Beef, grass-fed and local. (If not, look for the leanest meat available at the grocery store because this means there will be less unhealthy fats, Omega-6's, in the meat.)
- Chicken, pastured and local. (If not available, see the tip above.)
- Eggs, pastured and local. (If not available, look for cage-free and anti-biotic free.)
- Fish, wild-caught (not farmed.)
- Canned, wild Alaskan salmon
- Canned sardines
- Turkey, pastured and local. (See the recommendation above for beef.)
- Whey protein powder (growth hormone free, anti-biotic free and no artificial sweeteners.)
- Wild game, such as venison (which isn't too hard to find for Michiganders!)
- Almond butter
- Balsamic vinegar
- Coconut milk, full fat
- Coconut oil
- Dark chocolate (70% cocoa or higher, the more bitter the better!)
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Green tea (Jen's favorite is mango green tea)
- Hot sauce
- Raw nuts (avoid peanuts)
- Spices, any and all.
- Sometimes: red wine, pine nuts, craisins, raw & local honey, salsa, almond or coconut flour.
Click here for a printable version of this list.