When you fall asleep your body balances its hormones and produces melatonin which is one of the most powerful anti-oxidants known.
Get the best sleep possible by incorporating these simple sleep tips:
- Wear a sleep mask.
- Reduce light in the bedroom -- consider using black out shades, cover lights from alarm clocks, don't use night lights.
- Shut down your computer and TV one hour before bed.
- Ideally, go to bed at 10 p.m. Between 10 p.m. and 2 a.m. our bodies do most of the muscle repair, and after 2 a.m. mental repair takes place. If you go to bed at midnight, you will miss two hours of physical repair potentially causing you to wake up feeling tired and even sore.
- Turn the thermostat down to 70 degrees or lower.
- Fall asleep and wake up with help from the Soleil Sun Alarm sunset and sunrise feature (also available at Kehres Health).