Who doesn't love soup? It's a great way to make a lot of food to eat in the upcoming days, and is always the best meal for a cold day. We usually make a double batch and freeze half of it so we always have a healthy meal on hand.
This soup is very easy to make and also very healthy!
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 ½ small onions finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 can organic tomato paste
- 12 cups organic chicken broth
- A handful of chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 cups diced chicken breasts cooked
- 1 can black beans
- 2 ¼ cups diced fresh tomatoes
- Lime, salt, pepper, garlic to taste
Stir in the chili powder and tomato paste and cook for 30 seconds.
Pour in the broth, add half of the cilantro and bring to a boil.
Boil uncovered for about 10 minutes.
Add the chicken and black beans. Add salt, pepper, fresh garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
When serving squeeze lime into the soup, finely chopped cilantro and chunks of avocado.
For more Kehres Health recipes, click here.